Friday, January 8, 2016

Congrats on your new home

Hello people,

Happy new year !! And here comes my first post of 2016. I was asked by a friend to design a card as a gift for her sister, congratulating her on her new home. And I came up with this card.

Yes its a shaker card !!Initially I didn't have any idea what I was going to make but it turned out really well. I have had this mini stamp set from Papertrey ink for so long but never got to use it. It is so apt for this occasion.
In India when people buy a new house they usually organize a Pooja (Worshipping God) before starting to live in it. That's why I chose these traditional colours (shade of saffron and reddish pink).
The house image is stamped with Avery elle inks Fizz and Raspberry and then fussy cut. Ashley's fussy cutting tips came really handy. you can check out her video here. The sentiment is stamped with black archival ink. And to provide the matting of matching colours I actually smooshed the Fizz and Raspberry ink pads on the edges of mats. And They looked really cool.
I just looveed it!! hope you also like it.
I am linking this card to
1.Paru's Card making challenges # New. As my stamp set is new and this card is for a new home. Paru has started a really cool challenge with awesome prizes. Do check it out and participate.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment