Thursday, December 10, 2015

Roses, candles and a birthday card

Hello People,

My today's card is inspired by the colour combination of this beautiful outfit by Tory Burch for ric #97 .


I was always fascinated to this not so common colour combo whenever I saw it. But never gave it a try ( I don't know why...). Thanks to ric# 97   who made me to try this And I came up with this card

You must be wondering why have I posted two photographs with slight difference. Well, I was not able to decide which one is better. LOlz.. So How do you find it. I really liked the overall design.
Along with this colour combination there is one more thing which I used in this card after so much delay. That is  Vintage roses stamp set from Altenew. I had got this stamp set  2 months ago but kinda resisted using it. May be I was not confident enough of layered stamping. So these orange coloured roses are my first try at Vintage roses. I know they could have been better...
The background was super fun to make. I had lot of blue squares left over from polaroid die so I just stuck them over a piece of white card stock 1/2" smaller than white card base. 
Stamped roses and fussy cut them. I stamped the sentiment (Cas-ual Fridays) on a oval die cut in versamark and white heat embossed it. I also sponged the edges of this oval to add some depth.I had few negatives of candle die so used it as mask and sponged some ink to make candles. Don't they look pretty??
So when almost all elements were ready I assembled the card. First took a blue card stock 1/4" smaller than card base and adhered the tiled background on it. Arranged the roses, adhered them as well in desired fashion and foam mounted the sentiment oval. And finally foam mounted this complete assembly on card base. The pictures are bit flat. May be you can observe the layers in following picture.
Hope you like the card. Please leave your comments to let me know.

I am linking this card to Runway Inspired Challenge #97

Thanks for stopping by
Hugs 
Parul



No comments:

Post a Comment