Friday, October 16, 2015

Smile is the best thing

Hello Creatives!!

Runway Inspired Challenge is one of my favourite challenges and I am really glad that I am participating in this time. The inspiration picture; the costume designed by Emilio de la Morena is really cool.  Haven't you seen it? No problem. Here it is..

And after looking at it lot of times I came up with this card
             
I got my inspiration in this fabulous color combination. And This may sound funny but I started designing this card around the sentiment. I have recently bought this beautiful Jillibean soup stamp set and wanted to use it desperately.So following are the steps I followed to make this card:

Step 1:  I tool a white card base 1/4" smaller than card base and dry embossed with the very relevant embossing folder (Darice Dress form small.Thank God I had it in my stash.) and then sponged it with salty ocean distress ink.
Step 2: I cut a 2' wide vellum stripe and stamped the sentiment in onyx black versafine ink and clear heat embossed it to prevent smudging.
Step 3: This step was most difficult one.I wanted to embellish this card with same color combination as that of skirt of the model. It had many colors as blue, pink, purple, yellow green etc. To convert that thought into reality my Avery Elle Laurels stamp set and dies came to rescue. I pulled out all my inkpads and tried many combination to achieve same kinda color combination. And when I was happy with the result I diecut them.
Step 4: I started assembling the card by first sticking the vellum stripe to the dry embossed panel and foam mounting it over the card base. Just to give the look as if vellum stripe is held by brads I put two enamel dots on either sides of sentiment :)
Step 5: I arranged the flowers and leaves symmetrical and when I was happy with the arrangement I glued them, added a clear wink of stella over them and card was ready!!

I am really happy that this card is also eligible for Cas-ual Friday's Cas-ual Chic challenge #04 as well. I am going for third row (Distressing, sparkling and embossing)

I hope you like the card as much as I enjoyed it making :) Do let me know !!

I am linking this card to Runway Inspired challenge #93,





No comments:

Post a Comment