Saturday, May 9, 2015

My life is rich because..

Hello all.. 
I had planned this post for tomorrow but couldn't resist myself from sharing this card. Both Runway inspired challenge # 83 and winnie & walter with Pinkfresh Studio make your own background challenge are going on. So I took inspiration from the costume by Adam Lippes  and designed my own background..:)
Have a look at the inspiration picture first

And now my card

I got my inspiration from the color combination in the inspiration picture. What a beautiful combination of black base and colorful blooms here and there.. I just loved it.. let me come to my card now.. I started with white card stock and pulled out my all floral stamps from all brands I have. ( Stampenduos, Wplus9, some stamps from Itsy Bitsy) I  chose few out line stamps and few solid stamps and started stamping with them randomly. I purposefully used black archival for this as I had Planned to water color it later and archival doesn't bleed :) After stamping lot of blooms and leaves closely I started water coloring. I used festive berries, spiced marmalade, peacock feathers and seedlees preserves distress inks one by one, smooshed them over acrylic block and colored the panel here and there.  I had so much fun doing this :) 
After drying this panel I adhered it to a black card base. As mothers day is approaching only this sentiment came to mind. Moreover this beautiful floral background was requesting me to put some sentiment dedicated to all wonderful moms :P So I took a black stripe and stamped the sentiment in versamark. Later I sprinkled silver embossing powder and heat set it. I looked awesome against black. May Be I should try it more :)
To finish my card I adhered this stripe slightly tilted to the card and that completes my card for today.
I am linking this to following challenges:


Hope you like it
Thanks 
Parul


  


8 comments:

  1. Your card is very stylish,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool background! Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful background Parul - great use of different floral stamps to achieve such a bright and bold look! Thanks for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Mayuri.. BTW I am big fan of yours :)

    ReplyDelete