Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Falling for you...

Hello all,
I am here with my second post today. I had planned this post for tomorrow but couldn't resist the excitement of sharing this card. The inspiration picture of Runway inspired challenge is awesome as always:

The color combination of orange, blue,pink, silver and black is just awesome and that pattern on sleeves and shoes is sooo beautiful,I wanted to create it as it is. The challenge was I did not have any stamp set which was even close match to this pattern. So I hand drew this pattern as shown in the following picture and colored with my Faber castell sketch pens. It was so much fun to draw with pencil and color it. It reminded me of my school days.:)


It did take time to create it but I was happy with the out come. I used my black gel pen to outline this pattern. Now you wanna see what did I do with this?? Okay.. Have a look..

I die cut these florals (Impression Obsession's Hollyhocks Die) from this hand made pattern paper and they looked very beautiful. Where as I was happy with these florals:  I had no idea of next step :P One thing was clear in my mind I wanted to include both orange and silver colors in my design. So I took a white card stock masked its borders (1/4"approximate) and sponged with Ripe persimmon distress ink keeping more intensity of color at the edges. I kept the central part lighter to resemble the inspiration picture. Now I wanted to give hints of silver color as in the dress and as Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge is going on  with stencil focus I thought of using a stencil. I used chevron stencil from Heidi Swapp, positioned it over card stock and applied some versamark ink directly. Then sprinkled with silver embossing powder and heat set it. O My God It looked perfect to me!! Now when I was happy with the background I started looking for the sentiment in my supplies and I found the Die Version's Falling for you die and one more idea popped up in my mind. I wanted to give some look of falling flowers.:) I die cut the sentiment and trimmed it as I wanted it to be ( its a die with circular boundary). I also die cut some more flowers from holyhocks die out of the same handmade pattern paper. and adhered every thing to the card stock as shown in the picture. Hope I am making sense :P   Next, I provided a black backing to the panel and adhered to white card base. And, that finishes my card. Here are some more pictures of the card taken from different angles:



Hope you like it.
I am linking this card to following challenges.
Thanks for dropping in
Love
Parul

3 comments:

  1. hello Parul! super awesome design, luv the background...so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you improvised and used handmade pattern for diecut.!

    ReplyDelete