Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Pretty little peonies..

Hello everybody..
Today I am sharing two cards which are quite similar design wise but include some experimentation. :) I had made these cards also for Curtain Call inspiration challenge but missed the deadline :(

I drew inspiration from following picture..

I wanted to create that bouquet with magenta and orange color flowers so I chose pretty Little Peonies stamp set from Wplus9. This stamp set builds up slowly and results are just awesome :) So here are my cards..


My first card is  5"X 7" in size. I stamped these peonies , leaves and stems on a watercolor paper with Wplus9 inks and water colored the background  with  salty ocean distress ink. Then I stamped few leaves from same stamp set tone on tone on this bluish card base.  Then I cut a banner in black card stock and heat embossed the sentiment in white. To finish the card I stick the white panel to card base and foam mounted the banner. That completes my first card but I wanted to experiment further..
I had a thought of trying these inks and stamp on white card stock (not water color paper). So In second card I created this bouquet on white card stock and didn't watercolor background also. While stamping it looked gorgeous but as we know die inks are absorbed into the paper, they faded a little.
In this experiment I got better results with watercolor paper..:) I assume rest of the steps don't need explanation.

Hope you like these cards..
Thanks for stopping by
Parul



No comments:

Post a Comment